It was a momentous change in my blog traffic when I have seen 1k social media traffic in my Google Analytics account and that too without any paid medium and for a new site. So what I have actually done? I analyzed the reasons and found that only one of my Content piece that has driven too much traffic and that is due to – ” A great Content” and right social promotional strategy. So here I am sharing the how to drive traffic to your website using social media.
Steps for Developing a Social Media Traffic
1. First of all, you need to analyze the “keyword” which is ranking low in your final set of keywords. Then you need to do competitive analysis to check what your competitors are targeting in their latest blog or service pages. You can also check search terms or queries in Google Analytics & Webmasters that are getting impressions and there is no targeted page for that. Remember selection of right target keywords is essential for good strategy.
2. Once a keyword is finalized, you need to check related and suggested keywords as shown below.
3. Check the Google Trends for all the selected keywords to know the latest number of searches for it. Then, check quora that if the people are asking for similar kind of queries or not. Check the most shared article links in Buzzsumo for the most searched and enquire keyword as mentioned above.
4. Draft an appealing content in the article. Headline or H1 should contain the main keyword and check it in Coschedule Headline Analyzer tool. It gives you a score based on an emotional, powerful, common and uncommon words impact of social sharing with a positive-negative sentiment.
5. Cover all other keywords in H2 and H3 and secondary keywords in the body for semantic SEO and outline article accordingly.
6. Always give a visual effect by an appealing and relevant image by a tool such as Canva.
7. Remember to keep it free from Panda update.
This plan for getting social traffic will definitely bring a high volume of social media traffic to your website or blog as in the case of mine. Also, check blog post SEO checklist.
Summarizing the tools
These tools are helpful in how to drive traffic to your website using social media.
Social Promotion for Getting Social Media Traffic
1. Identify the right channel for your targeted audience. For me, it was LinkedIn where there are professionals like me. So, I targeted that LinkedIn as the social media channel.
2. Join the groups or communities in the social channel and post it in as many as possible places where there are active members.
3. Write an appealing and catchy content free from panda update to post the URL and put a call to action in it.
4. Reply to each comment and engagement.
5. You can also add relevant URLs in discussions if needed.
6. Ask your audience to keep checking your blog regularly for the similar article like this.
I followed all these steps of this how to drive traffic to your website using social media case study and organic social media marketing. As a result, my conversions and organic ranking improved as shown above as we all know social shares impact the rankings.
To sum up, always write content for people to answer their queries and apply right social media strategy to attract the right kind of audience.