It was a momentous change in my blog traffic when I have seen 1k traffic in my Google Analytics account and that too without any paid medium and for a new site. So what I have actually done? I analyzed the reasons and found that only one of my Content piece that has driven too much traffic and that is due to – ” A great Content” and right social promotional strategy. So here I am sharing the content marketing case study and ideas for developing a social media content strategy that actually drives huge traffic.
Steps for Developing a Social Media Content Strategy
1. First of all, you need to analyze the” keyword” which is ranking low in your final set of keywords. Then you need to do competitive analysis to check what your competitors are targeting in their latest blog or service pages. You can also check search terms or queries in Google Analytics & Webmasters that are getting impressions and there is no targeted page for that. Remember selection of right target keywords is essential for good strategy.
2. Once a keyword is finalized, you need to check related and suggested keywords as shown below.
3. Check the Google Trends for all the selected keywords to know the latest number of searches for it. Then, check quora that the people are asking for similar kind of queries or not. Check the most shared article links in Buzzsumo for the most searched and enquired keyword of the above-mentioned points.
4. Draft an article Headline or H1 according to the highly trending keyword and check it in coschedule headline analyzer tool. It gives you a score based on an emotional impact of social sharing with a positive negative sentiment.
5. Cover all other keywords in H2 and H3 and outlined article according to that.
6. Always give a visual effect by an appealing and relevant image by a tool such as Canva.
7. Remember to keep it free from Panda update.
This plan for developing social media content strategy will definitely bring a high volume of social traffic to your website or blog as in the case of mine. Also, check blog post SEO checklist.
Summarizing the content marketing tools
1. Google Trends
2. Google Analytics
3. Google Webmasters
6. Coschedule headline analyzer
7. Canva or other tools.
Social Promotion for successful Social Media Content Strategy
1. Identify the right channel for your targeted audience. For me, it was LinkedIn where there are professionals like me. So, I targeted that social media channel.
2. Join the groups or communities in the social channel and post it in as many as possible places where there are active members.
3. Write an appealing and catchy content free from panda update to post the URL and put a call to action in it.
4. Reply to each comment and engagement.
5. If get a chance put other helpful URLs in discussions if needed.
6. Ask them to keep checking your blog regularly for the similar article like this.
I followed all these steps of this content marketing case study and organic social media marketing. As a result, my conversions and organic ranking improved as shown above as we all know social shares impact rankings.
So check the social media optimization tips for better results.
To sum up, always write content for people to answer their query and apply right social media content strategy to drive the right kind of audience.