For setting up as AdWords Ad campaign, let’s understand how to choose the campaign type and sub-type
1. Search Network: It is for those people who need to target the audience who are actively searching for the service
Ex – Plumbing services are searched by people and it has fixed operating hours so the plumber will set the option “search network” as campaign type and “all features” as sub-type.
2. Display network: It includes all the ads like text, image, video.
Ex – A fashion clothing store needs to target the high-class audience and want to reach people when they are on mobile apps, blogs, review sites so he will select “display network only” as campaign type.
3. Search network with display select- It shows ads on both search network and placements on the display network. Budget is shared across both. This is for those who are actively searching for particular service like car repairs and also checking the ratings or reviews.
Structure of AdWords Ad Campaign
1. Account – Here you will get email address, password and billing information
2. Campaign – Here you can set all the settings and budget.
3. Ad groups – Here you can combine similar type of ads
Effective ways to structure your ads is to follow the website hierarchy.
How to Target your Audience by AdWords Ad Campaign?
Keyword Targeting on Networks – When the set of your target keywords match the queries, your ad will be shown on search network and when matches with the theme of the website, the ad will be shown on the display network.
Display Network Targeting
1. Contextual Targeting – It is the targeting method which shows ads when keywords or topics matches with the theme of the website.
2. Audience Targeting
i. Audiences To drive the awareness of the brand, use affinity audiences to reach audiences on a broad scale. Use in-market audiences to reach specific audiences actively shopping for a product or service.
ii. Interest Category – When you target the interest categories, you can show your ad to the people who demonstrated specific interests, regardless of whether your ad correlates with the particular topic of the page or app that they’re currently on.
iii. Remarketing – This can be done by re-marketing audience based on their cookies when they have searched for your product or services and show them till the cookie expires.
iv.Demographics – This is base on age, the gender of the audience.
3. Managed placements- You select the Google partnered website to show your Ads on them by display planner.
Location and Language targeting- To target, particular location or radii used this option. You can also set the language.
Device Targeting- If you want to target particular device like a tablet, desktop or mobile set this targeting option.
Adwords Campaign Budget
Bids & Budget settings
For setting this two things need to be considered
1. Budget – The amount you are willing to pay per day or monthly.
2. Bidding strategy –
i. CPC ( Cost per click) – It has manual and automatic option i.e Adwords set your max CPC.
You can use keyword planner to set this.
ii. CPM (Cost per 1000 impressions) – It is for 1000 impressions
If CPC and CPM competing for the same placement, then 2 ads are compared that how many advertisers paying for 1000 impressions and how many click the ad might get when receives 1000 impressions.
iii. CPA (Cost per acquisition) – based on conversions, you need to pay and implement conversion tracking code. Conversion optimizer is used for this.
3. Bid Adjustments – You can increase or decrease the bid strategy according to your goals and targeting methods.
How to create Ad group and Ads?
Create an ad group according to the theme of the website.
1. Build good keyword list
i. Choose and organize keywords.
ii. Research new keywords.
iii. Optimize keywords by match type and include negative keywords.
2. Ad Formats
App promotion Ads
In-Stream Video ads
Call only Ads
3. Ad Extensions
- App extensions
- Call extensions
- Location extensions
- Review extensions
- Site Link Extensions
- Call out extensions
- Consumer rating
- Previous Visit
- Seller ratings
How to create an effective ad?
1. Connect your ads and keywords properly.
2. Highlight what makes you unique from other advertisers.
3. Include a call to action.
4. Match your ad to the landing page.
5. Optimize your ad for the mobile devices.
6. Use ad extensions.
7. Use Ad rotation to test different varieties of the ad to show best performing ads.
1. Keyword Planner: To research and select keywords based on historical statistics and traffic estimates to get an idea of the bid for search campaigns.
2. Display Planner: To select websites for manual placements by researching on targeting methods and impressions and historical costs.
So now that you have learned to set Adwords campaign, check campaign measurement strategy in the next chapter of this Google Adwords Study Guide.
Latest posts by Shruti Panwar (see all)
- 7 Social Media Trends to Make Impact in 2019 - January 9, 2019
- 7 Effective SEO Techniques that will Work in 2019 and beyond - December 22, 2018
- How to Improve SEO Performance? - September 17, 2018