Content promotion is a crucial step in content marketing and requires more efforts and time than actual creation. If you aren’t promoting the content, then it will be like a shop in town with no customer to buy the products. So learn the ways on how to promote your content. There are many ways to promote or distribute the content. First of all, let’s understand the best content promotion practices.
Best Content Promotion Practices
1. Create a content promotion calendar and follow it to promote your content on different channels. You can fix the days and time to promote the posts according to the best time to post on different social media or other channels.
2. Use segmentation in Google Analytics or other measurement tools to analyze your audience including age, gender, interests, location and target your content accordingly. You can also check out the best time of the days when tour audiences are active on your social networks
3. Customize the message for each channel including proper tone, ways of communication and match the distribution networks.
4. Experiment and optimize the data by regular testing including reach, frequency, engagement and conversion rates.
5. Always monitor and analyze your promotional campaigns.
Also, check social media content strategy on How I drive 1k social traffic in just 15 days.
Top Ways to Promote Your Content
1. Influence Marketing
By performing influence marketing by connecting the influencer or industry leaders in your niche, you can reach a larger audience. Ask them to promote your content by paying or hiring them or relationship building. This helps in building a target audience rather than promoting your content to the broader audience.
2. Content Distribution
Distribute your content on the high authority sites such as Medium, Growth Hackers, Inbound.org. These sites allow to add the content and also have a good number of followers to drive huge referral traffic. They follow the content repurposing guidelines as well.
3. Comment Marketing
By participating in discussions on blogs and social media, you can put a link in a natural way which provides useful information to the users. This also helps in building links and you can become an industry expert too. But follow the white hat SEO techniques or best SEO practices to post the comment.
4. Guest Posting
It is old but yet an effective method to direct traffic from authoritative websites and helps in building the brand reputation. This is also one of the most popular link building techniques.
5. Outreaching/ PR
You can outreach the experts in your industry by email to promote or share your content on their site or social networks. If they publish weekly round ups or monthly round-ups, you can ask them to add your content with a link. Publish PR on regular basis and distribute it across various PR networks.
6. Social Media
You can regularly post your content in different forms on social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and build credibility and authority in your industry.
7. Email Marketing
It is an effective promotional channel to connect one to one with content. You can use newsletters, product promotional posts, surveys and feedback forms depending on the buying stage of your audience.
Repurpose your content in the form of ebook, checklist, guides, videos, podcasts. This gives more chance to connect with your target audience.
9. Answering Questions
Answer the relevant questions related to your niche on authoritative sites including Quora, Yahoo Answers, ehow, Ask.com.
Now Check the below infographic from Page Traffic on how to promote your content.
Learn the analyzation and measurement of Your content in next chapter of this content marketing guide.
Latest posts by Shruti Panwar (see all)
- 6 Point Instagram Influencer Marketing Checklist - February 16, 2018
- 5 Common SEO Myths to Leave Behind in 2018 - February 12, 2018
- 5 Important Facebook Metrics Marketers Should be Tracking - January 16, 2018