Content creation is one of the most important parts of content marketing as all the outcomes are dependent the way a content is written. It should be effective enough to convert visitors into leads and leads into buyers of your product or service. Here are steps to writing an effective content to persuade your readers to take an appropriate action.
Step 1- Research
Research and content ideation are crucial steps of content creation. Research for topic well on Quora, Yahoo Answers, Forum related to your niche, Google Trends, Buzzsumo. Select the topic which is popular on all these channels. Select the keywords using content marketing tools. Check the average search volume and select the main and related keywords. Long tail Keywords matters a lot. Use Long Tail Pro to find right keywords for your content.
Step 2- Prepare an Outline
Prepare a rough draft or content suggestion document including main headings, subheadings, reference links and other useful resources related to the topic. Create the main body and then finish up with introduction and conclusion of the post.
Step 3- Write main Heading and Meta Tags
Prepare an attractive heading to get better CTRs (click through rates). Use Coschedule headline Analyzer to calculate the score of your heading and optimize it. Prepare meta tags using the white hat SEO techniques and following SEO writing tips.
Step 4- Proofread
Check the content for grammatical errors and styles. Fix the errors and keep it unique by passing the Copyscape test. Edit it the final time and add appropriate images and optimize them. Add the content to the CMS or give it to a developer to add the content. If you are adding the content to CMS then follow blog post SEO checklist.“Create Quality Content Rather than Quantity”Click To Tweet
Effective Content Writing Tips
- Create an attention grabbing the headline.
- Maintain the tone and relevancy of your content.
- Add a call to action and give readers chance to perform an action.
- Add a unique and value to the content.
- Write the way people search and not the way you want to write.
- Prepare a solid navigation by internal linking optimization.
- Target only one main keyword.
- Prepare a content which supports your brand.
- It should be error free.
- Follow best SEO practices and add storytelling wherever possible.
Common Grammar Mistakes to Avoid
- Use contractions such as isn’t rather is not.
- Write simple language without using high-level vocabulary words.
- Use the active voice more than passive voice.
- Be clear and concise about the topic you are writing.
- Use short sentences or paragraphs.
- Avoid fluffy words in the post.
- Adhere to the correct style.
- Be specific about the person you are targeting i.e first, second or third.
- Avoid using technical words or jargon.
- Double check your spellings and grammar.
Also, check the Templates for Creating Content.
Hope this chapter of content marketing guide will help you to write an effective content. Check out the next chapter of this content marketing guide for repurposing your content.
Latest posts by Shruti Panwar (see all)
- 8 Key SEO Metrics You Should Track in 2018 - June 15, 2018
- Ecommerce Marketing: 10 Useful Tips to Market Your Online Store - May 25, 2018
- 7 Useful Google AdWords Features you should be using - May 14, 2018