What is Content Marketing?
Before knowing what is content marketing, know the importance of content. Every digital marketing technique requires content including SEO, Social Media, Paid Advertising and Email Marketing. It can be in the form of a tweet, landing page, product description, email or meta tags in search engines. In fact, SEO has nothing to optimize without a content. So content is the backbone of Digital Marketing and can be required to meet the marketing goals of the company time to time.
Businesses often pitch about products and services or use traditional marketing to get the conversions. But an effective approach to get the conversions is through content marketing by publishing relevant and high-quality content and persuading them to buy. So check out the definition and meaning of content marketing.
According to Content Marketing Institute, “Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
Let’s try to understand content marketing meaning in simple words. Content Marketing is planning a strategy in order to create valuable content, distributing it to your target audience. Finally, earning profits through their specific actions on the content.
Four Important Content Marketing Elements
1. Buyer’s Persona– It is the document including the details such as profile or background, demographics including age, gender and interest. It also includes the challenges or set of problems a buyer is facing.
Creating buyer persona is important to target the buyer and audience in a similar group. If Content Marketer knows who the buyer is, it is easy to create the content according to his persona. This helps in targeting the right content to the right people.
2. Buyer’s Journey– Every buyer’s journey includes four stages- awareness, consideration, decision and retention.
3. Type of Website Content– There are many types of website content in different stages of buyer’s journey. This includes blog posts, guides, white papers, email newsletters, e-book, podcasts, product comparison, brochures, reviews, feedback form, etc. For more details on this check type of content to post in content marketing funnel.
4. Content Marketing Channels– It is a medium through which content is targeted for the audience. It can be through an email, blog posts or website content, video or audio.
It is important to understand buyer persona and target the right content at the right time. This helps in converting visitors into leads and leads into buyers and buyers into loyal customers. It is important to target the right type of content to the right audience or buyer in the buyer’s journey through the right channel. To know more about the about its implementation, check how to plan the content marketing strategy.
Benefits of Content Marketing in Your Business
- Increases brand visibility and online presence.
- Generates traffic to your site.
- Improves the recognition and awareness of the brand.
- Increases engagement reaching the target audience in the buyer’s journey.
- Builds credibility and trust within your current customers as well as potential customers.
- Positions your business as an expert leader in your industry.
- Improves traffic and lead generation activities.
- Increases the social presence by likes, shares and comments.
- Improves the decision making capability in the different stages of buyer’s journey.
- Helps in improving the SEO efforts.
So now you know what is Content Marketing and its benefits. Check the next chapter of this content marketing guide to generate innovative ideas or content ideation process.
Latest posts by Shruti Panwar (see all)
- How to Improve SEO Performance? - September 17, 2018
- MilesWeb Hosting Review- 10 Reasons to Host with MilesWeb - September 7, 2018
- Everything You Need to Know About Google RankBrain - August 22, 2018